Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ava Anderson - Ava Baby Products - Only the Best for Your Little One



For a while now, I've been following an old colleague, Nancy Brown, on Facebook on her Ava Anderson Facebook page. She's a triple star consultant for Ava Anderson and she's been telling me how wonderful the Ava Anderson products are, and that they're safe to use around my children - they're chemical free and non-toxic! 

She's been adamant about getting me to try them out...and I'm ready to tell you why...

Okay, Great Products...But Why Are They So Great? 

Now, she didn't really tell me how expansive (not "expensive", but "expansive") the product line was. I just thought Ava Anderson was a line of cleaning products that smelled good and were non-toxic and chemical free, according to what she said. Shows how much I know, right? Imagine my surprise when she tells me after months of trying to get me to try these products that there was an Ava Baby product line. Okay, now you're talking! Not that she didn't have me interested in the products, but the best baby stuff is essential around this house.

So, just recently I was introduced to three of the Ava Baby products, the lotion, the baby wash and shampoo, and the diaper rash cream.  

The diaper rash cream arrived right on time. Little Chase had been sick and, well, as a consequence, ended up with a mean diaper rash. We were using A&D Diaper Rash stuff and some hydrocortisone to calm any itchiness. Immediately after I received the Ava Baby diaper rash cream, I put it on his sore bottom, the poor little guy. 

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that overnight, the diaper rash was unbelievably better. The redness had decreased immensely, he wasn't trying to scratch it as much, and he definitely wasn't crying as much, and I was absolutely relieved! The Ava Baby diaper cream cleared up that diaper rash in a couple of days, something both the A&D and hydrocortisone could not do. As a mom, it makes you feel so much better when you use products that make your child better, doesn't it? And, now add to that the fact that these products are made with organic ingredients...

Let's Talk About the Baby Lotion and Baby Wash & Shampoo 

If you're not a fan of lavender and chamomile, then you won't like the smell of these products. They're both made with lavender and chamomile essential oils, and you can definitely smell the fragrance, but the aroma does calm down after a little while. For those of you who are like me, fond of the two smells, and those who know that these aromas are calming for people - and babies! - then, you will really like the lotion and wash. 

 Ingredients

Here's a quick rundown of the ingredients in the lotion, just to give you an idea:
                
organic aloe leaf juice, organic coconut oil, organic apricot oil, organic olive oil, organic jojoba      oil, organic shea butter, oat kernel flour, pomegranate extract, cranberry fruit extract, lavender and chamomile essential oils. 

There's nothing in there that I wouldn't want to put on my little one's skin. As a matter of fact, I might have to use some for my own skin!

Okay, So You Were Right

So, now's the part where I have to say...Nancy, you were right. I didn't realize that your "chemical free" really meant "organic". You may have even told me that the products were organic, but it's really not until you actually read the list of ingredients that you realize that these products are made of natural ingredients. Safe to use ON our babies and, like the cleaning products, safe to use AROUND our babies.


A Bit More Background on Chemicals and Toxicity

I was reading one of the inserts in the box that my products came in and was surprised by what it said. Things that we really don't think about when we use products on our - and worse yet, our baby's - bodies. We know that our skin is our largest organ on our body, right? And, when we put chemicals on our skin, it seeps into our bloodstream...

This insert talked about a study that was conducted by the American Red Cross for the Environmental Working Group (the people who created the cosmetics database) in 2004. Newborns were randomly tested, and the cord blood of the infants that were tested exhibited 287 different chemicals!

Also explained on this insert was that even when products claim to be "organic", "pure", and "natural", they do not necessarily have to be - and usually are not - non-toxic.

Ava Anderson Products

So, that's why Nancy has been so adamant about Ava Anderson products! And, beyond the Ava Baby Products, there's also Ava Skin, Ava Body, Ava Face, Ava Sun, Ava Home and Ava Scent. Check out the product page for more information or follow Nancy Brown on her Facebook page to find out why Ava Anderson products are better to use around your home and family.


As an end note, I just want to say that you picked excellent products to stand behind, Nancy, and if anyone deserves to be at the executive level of the company, it's definitely you. No matter how difficult it is to get through to someone and convince them to try the products, you don't give up (how long did it take you to convince me to try them?)! Keep up that spirit! Ava Anderson is lucky to have you!


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">