Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Attitudes Changing with the Seasons


Maybe I am the only mother on this planet experiencing this phenomenon, but it seems as if my children's attitudes are changing with the seasons.

Granted, I do have 3 teenagers, whose hormones can change with the wind, never mind the season, but as summer fades and fall slides in, threatening the bitterness of winter, I have noticed a negative change in the atmosphere.

The little ones are getting antsy because we don't go outside every day anymore. The older children are just grumpy and testy.

I cannot blame them, of course. Summertime is 200% more fun, and Lord knows we all need the sunshine and warm weather and to be able to step outside, scantily clad, and smell the sweet aroma of flowers to start our days right.

Who wants to get up before the sun wakes up and dress in layers to go out into chilly air, when summertime allowed lazy mornings in bed until far after the sun rose? Not me.

I want my coffee out on the back deck, under the rays of sun that tingle on my arms through the slots in the wood. Not the cool drifts of wind that reach to my bones and scratch at them with coldness.

No wonder the attitudes have changed.

I have noticed my attitude change, too.

Maybe the kids are just reflecting my natural born hatred for the season changes, rather than developing their own attitude change. Maybe they are just mimicking what they have learned over the years from watching me.

It's probably my fault.

So, I am going to consciously figure out how to face the next seven or eight months with a smile on my face. For my children's sake.

I will try my best to look forward to the holidays that are coming up. While the holidays are exciting times that my children look forward to, they are truly stressful for a mom of nine. Have you heard what these kids ask for nowadays?

I am going to have to find a way to join in on their excitement and look forward to the holidays, too. I will try to find a way, at least.

In the meantime, I just have to take it one day at a time, being thankful for the blessings that our family constantly receives, and, rain or shine, smile.

Because this attitude change when the seasons change has got to fly south with the birds.


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">