Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cupcakes and Cashmere looks for less



I’m a huge fan of finding style inspiration from great fashion bloggers who have endlessly fabulous wardrobes. While I may not have the closet (or the budget) to match theirs, I love pulling together an inspired outfit or a look for less.
It’s so easy to fall into a pattern of wearing the same pieces from your wardrobe together, so every now and then it’s nice to get a push in the right direction by discovering new ways to wear old things. Do you guys feel that way? I know I’m guilty of tunnel vision when it comes to certain items in my closet. For instance, I purchased a top to wear with a certain skirt. Even though it would look fabulous with several different items, I only wear it with the one skirt!
Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my all-time-favorite bloggers. She has a really fresh take on classic and foundational pieces of a woman’s wardrobe. Whether it’s adding a splash of neon, or mixing prints, she knows how to look fashion forward. I absolutely love this late-‘60s look for a day she spent biking. This outfit  is perfect for lunch with the girls, or even an impromptu afternoon cocktail party. It’s definitely worth copying.
How to get the look: This full-on ‘60s vibe comes from the cropped pants, lovely blouse, sunglasses, and tied in her hair. In the early ‘60s, women mostly wore dresses, but as more ladies became active and as years passed, casual clothes became more popular.
After the war (and after many women became active in the workforce), women began wearing pants more often. Never to a special occasion, and never to work, but this look would have been popular for housewives in the 60s. The signature cropped pants and blouse were extremely common among young women in the time period. Even though we’d consider this outfit slightly dressier than “casual” these days, it definitely evokes a laid back, yet feminine feeling.
Although Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere wears mostly neutrals (minus the colorful scarf), pastels would look lovely with this soft and feminine look. You could dress it down even more by wearing cropped jeans with the blouse instead of the cropped pants. Will you be recreating this look with pieces you already own?
Also, for more fashion tips and inspiration on how to shake your wardrobe up, visit the Beginner’s Guide to Style to learn how to mix colors, prints, and accessorize like a pro!
Author Bio: When I’m not accessorizing with scarves in my fabulous day job writing for Scarves.net, I’m writing my fashion blog, settling into newlywed life, and loving on my precious puppy, Luna. Fashion and beauty have always been an interest of mine, and I enjoy discussing tips with others who appreciate it too!



alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">