Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Who You Calling A MILF?



There are two kinds of mothers - the ones who are flattered to be called MILF (or wish someone would refer to them as a MILF) and then there are the moms who cringe when they hear the acronym.

Which one are you?

I'm going to let you guess which category I fit into.

I never did think I was beautiful, despite the fact my parents (and a plethora of others) always told me I was.

The All-American, long, blond hair, green (more like hazel, but close enough) eyes, long doll legs (or so my husband calls them) that are athletically shaped, yet more on the boney side than on the thick side. Too much boobs for my own good, shapely hips, but lacking in the bodacious booty part of the equation.

High cheekbones, symmetrical features, although I always despised my nose, and hated it even more after it was broken a couple of times.

Not drop dead gorgeous. Not shoot-me-dead-ugly, though. (Then again, that's just my opinion.) And, anyway, beauty is supposed to be in the eyes of the beholder, but that's beside the point.

And, yes, as a teenager, it did feel good to catch the attention of men. Grown men thinking I was beautiful...telling me that I was beautiful. But, then I realized that 95% of these men were spouting the same words to all of the other women they tried to swoon.

Then, I Met My Husband

There's something about finding someone you feel like you could spend the rest of your life with that changes your perception of basically everything. He told me I was beautiful every day. Told me he loved me.

And he meant it.

And I didn't need to hear it from anyone else anymore. Nobody else's opinion mattered anymore.

Then, I Became a Mom

Motherhood changed me in so many ways. Besides the fact that I felt like I had found the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I also had this little man to raise...and you could see in his eyes, even as a newborn, that I was the most beautiful being to him.

Nobody made him smile like his mom. Nobody made him feel safe like his mom. Nobody could comfort him like his mom. Nobody was as beautiful as his mom.

Let's cut to the chase.

The acronym MILF doesn't even sound enticing. Not to me, anyway. I'm not going to spell out what MILF actually means...(If you don't know, take a moment right now to Google it.)

To me, the acronym is downright degrading.

It's worse than when a man looks at my chest, rather than looking me in the eyes, when he's talking to me. Where's the respect? Am I supposed to feel flattered?

Let me enlighten you: I'm not flattered.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

My days consist of caring for nine children and a husband, coordinating everything that encompasses a family of 11, and working as much as I possibly can in between it all. Some days, I look like a bear mauled me.

I may not find the time to get dressed in coordinated clothing, my hair is probably thrown up in a quick bun, ponytail or braid, and my face is usually flushed from going 150 mph from the moment I wake to that oh-so-wonderful part of the day (normally around midnight) when the house finally falls silent.

I do take care of myself. When I do go out in public, I try to look as "normal" as possible. I might even apply some eyeliner and lipstick here and there (which has often prompted my daughter to say, "That eyeliner makes your eyes greener!" or one of the other kids to say, "You look beautiful!")

And, I'll probably clip on a necklace and some earrings, just because I love my jewelry.

But, even on my worst days, I've experienced the cat calls and whistles and occasional honking of a horn. To which I try not to respond. I'm not a cat...or a dog.

Do guys really think we like that? Where's the respect in that?

Celeb MILFs - Are They Flattered?

It makes me wonder...when celebrities read articles like 27 Hottest Celebrity MILFs and Heres 50 of the Hottest Celeb Milfs Around, are those women flattered?

I mean, I know that it's supposed to be a form of flattery, but ladies - moms - WE DESERVE MORE RESPECT THAN THAT!

Don't you agree?

The bottom line here is: The acronym MILF does not make me feel flattered. And, it shouldn't make you feel flattered either.

You are beautiful. You are a mother.

You don't need anyone to turn your beauty or sensuality as the hardworking, loving, devoted, nurturing mother that you are into something distasteful.

Mom I'd Like to Take Out to Dinner (MILTOD) or Mom I'd Like to Get to Know (MILGK) are far more flattering, in my opinion, than being looked at as a piece of meat.

Chime in with your thoughts in the comments. What's your take on the acronym MILF?

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">