Thursday, August 13, 2015

If This Then That (IFTTT) - Just Made Your Work 100 Times Easier!

If only there was a really quick way I could set up blog posts to post to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LikedIn...

And wouldn't it be cool if when I changed my Facebook profile pic, my Twitter profile pic would automatically update, too?

Who hasn't lost their contact list? How about a quick way to create a spreadsheet with Google from your contact list, without the hassle of having to input all the info?

Do you want top headlines from People, NPR, or any other media channel sent straight to your email?

It would save so much time - and also add "reach" within multiple networks - if I could, for example, share my Facebook Page statuses to my LinkedIn feed.

Well, someone did it! Ask and you shall receive!

It's called IFTTT and it uses the formula IF This Then That.


And if you spend any time on the Internet and between the social media networks, you're going to be just as excited as I am!

Never Enough Time In A Day

Time is precious in my world (and I assume it's just as precious in yours!). Less time spent on menial tasks means more time with my children. I always say that I could use an extra 24 to 48 hours per day, so IFTTT has just become my new best friend!

Make Personalized "Recipes" 

I'm not talking about cooking here. Not baking, either. The algorithm "IF This Then That" is essentially the formula for your "recipes". For example, if a new article publishes on NPR, then an email is sent to me. Or, if I publish an article on my blog (Blogger - or Wordpress, if that's what you use), then a tweet will publish on my Twitter account.

The website is made so user-friendly, and if you're anything like me, doing everything on the phone, the mobile site is cut n dry, as well. Easy peasy. Just like I like things.

They even have an app for Android users AND iPhones!


To start, click on creating from the drop-down menu, then click on "this" (see above). Then, you'll have numerous options to choose from to start. For example, if you want all your Blogger blog posts to automatically post to Facebook, you would start by clicking on the Blogger icon. 


Do you want all of your posts or just posts with specific labels to post to Facebook? It's as easy as clicking the button. That's how you create the "trigger". 

Then, I expected a speedbump. Because I didn't want my posts to shoot out to my personal page, but rather the Mommy Rantings page. Guess what?


Just click on the "Facebook Pages" option. 

Perfect. Simple.

Connecting all of your social media pages is a breeze, too. It's similar to how apps connect to your accounts. A couple of quick clicks and social media networks are connected for all of the IFTTT recipes your heart desires. 

In the matter of about 20 minutes today, I condensed about 3 hours of work per day and made it all automated. I'm so excited to see how it all works! 

Now, if I can just hold myself back from spending all this extra time concocting new IFTTT recipes! 

Check it out, let me know what you think!


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">