Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Charlize Theron Is No "Monster Mom"

The paparazzi has a way of snapping pics at just the right time.

OK! Magazine titled their article "Monster Mom! Charlize Theron Snapped Dragging 4-Year-Old Son! Family Relationship Expert Dissects Shocking Photos." Obviously, it's a play on her role in the movie, Monster, but it's far from the truth.

The "shocking" photos:













Now, from what I can see, her little boy needs a spanking! I would have given the paparazzi something to take pictures of if one of my own kids acted out like that in public. If you are paying attention, she not only has the little boy to tend to, but also a baby girl, too. You can see her calling to her little boy as she's securing the baby girl in the car.

As far as "snapping" and "dragging," I don't see any of that. I see a little boy fighting as she guides him to the car. Whenever a mother takes her kids out in public, there is always the chance that a child is going to get tired or indignant, and it's not always a perfect picture when kids decide they want whatever it is they want.

Too many moms are afraid to step up and be the real moms that we are supposed to be, especially in public. Too many moms make excuses for their children's behavior and expect everyone around them to excuse their children.

To those moms that are too afraid to put their foot down with their children: No! We are not going to excuse your child when you should be stepping up and taking control of the situation! You see those pictures above? That's an excellent example of what you should be doing when your child acts up!

Let them know that you are the boss and that they will do what you say! Why are people afraid to raise kids with respect and manners? There are tons of kids out there today lacking the bare minimum requirements for respect and manners, and it is because people want to jump all over mothers who are teaching their children right!

I read some of the comments on the OK! Magazine site, under the article, and was astonished to read one commentator's opinion, calling herself A Real Mommy:

I lost my husband and the father of my 3 sons when they were 6, 7, and 8.  I was a stay at home mother and developed a wonderful relationship with my children.  I have NEVER once had them melt down on me the way this little boy is doing with this woman!  Something is wrong not only with this wanna be mom, but with the jpeople who are commenting that this is what EVERY parent goes through with their children... WRONG!  This article is rightly named, she is behaving like a MONSTER MOM! f AND i ssuspect it's even worse when they're behind closed doors.  This child is in trouble, and she needs help with parenting skills, and understanding the needs of this little boy.  She's treating him like a pet rather thqn a human child!   Not to mention he's wearing BALLET Shoes.!  Enough said!  
I lost my husband and the father of my 3 sons when they were 6, 7, and 8.  I was a stay at home mother and developed a wonderful relationship with my children.  I have NEVER once had them melt down on me the way this little boy is doing with this woman!  Something is wrong not only with this wanna be mom, but with the jpeople who are commenting that this is what EVERY parent goes through with their children... WRONG!  This article is rightly named, she is behaving like a MONSTER MOM! f AND i ssuspect it's even worse when they're behind closed doors.  This child is in trouble, and she needs help with parenting skills, and understanding the needs of this little boy.  She's treating him like a pet rather thqn a human child!   Not to mention he's wearing BALLET Shoes.!  Enough said!  


These are the "sanctimommies" who make me want to take them by the shoulders and shake them! Your kids are not perfect, you certainly DID deal with meltdowns, and if you didn't, you chose to ignore them, which is even worse! And, the comment about the ballet shoes? Get me a bottle of wine, please! That type of judgment is exactly what keeps our world as ignorant and disgusting as it continues to be!

Then, OK! Magazine had their "family relationship experts" weighing in with their advice to "talk to him." I'm sorry, but there are times, especially when a temper tantrum takes place in a parking lot, while another baby is in the car, that we don't stop and have a chat with our children. Yes, there are times when our children force us to do things we would prefer not to do - especially in public, but we are the parents and they are the children.

It is what it is.

Let Charlize be a mom!

I applaud her for not letting Jackson get away with his meltdown. I applaud her for not being a pushover mom like most moms are today. He is lucky Charlize is his mom, because my kids would have received an immediate whomp to the behind!





If you liked this post, click on the share buttons. Don't forget to subscribe to stay in the loop. And, if you love books, check out my books in the right hand column.


Thanks for stopping by!


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">