Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Congrats, Tyra Bank! Baby York is Beautiful! (IMAGE)

I am a little late on this one, so please forgive me, but I have to say my part about Tyra Banks' new bundle of joy.

First of all, congrats to Miss Tyra on her beautiful baby boy, simply named York. Her post on Instagram claimed, "This is the happiest Valentine's Day of my life."



I must say, motherhood suits her!

She calls baby York her "miracle baby." For those of you who don't pay attention to celeb news or just happened to miss out on this one, Tyra Banks and her Norwegian photographer boyfriend, Erik Asla, had the help of a surrogate for the pregnancy. Tyra refers to the surrogate as, "the angel of a woman." Tyra also posted on Facebook, "We pray for everyone who struggles to reach this joyous milestone."

Tyra was basically in tears when she discussed her fertility issues on now-cancelled show, FABLife, last September. She cried, "I am so tired of seeing on my social media, 'Why don't you have kids? Why don't you have kids?' You don't know. You don't know what I'm going through," Tyra said.

I admit, it would be difficult for me if I had been unable to carry and give birth to my children. I am not sure if I would be strong enough to endure a pregnancy in which someone else was carrying my baby. (Although, I have a feeling "the angel of a woman" was highly compensated and well taken care of throughout the nine months of gestation.)

During the same show, FABLife, Chrissy Teigen (ahem, John Legend's wife, in case you didn't know) also relayed some of her feelings regarding her experiences with infertility. "I can't imagine being that nosy to be like, 'So, when are the kids coming?' Because who knows what somebody's going through? Who knows if somebody's struggling to have children?" Teigen said.

I can relate to how it feels to want a baby. Most of us moms can. It is a feeling that, I would assume, as a woman gets older and older, becomes stronger and more deep-seated. I truly admire Tyra's decision to elicit the help of a surrogate after not being able to conceive naturally.

Tyra has announced, "He's got my fingers and big eyes and his daddy Erik’s mouth and chin." Though the bond that occurs during pregnancy was basically non-existent for Tyra, she is making up for that divide now that she can hold her son in her hands. As far as dissecting his features, we all do that with our precious little newborns!

Miss Tyra has fallen into the role of a new mom nicely, though. She and baby York look so relaxed and bonded already in the picture Tyra posted on Instagram. And, lucky her, she doesn't have to worry about post-pregnancy weight loss or any of the hormones or other yucky parts that come along with having a baby.

And baby York is beautiful! Or, at least, from what I can see, he is.

To bring this whole story full circle, I have another picture to show you. Having seen these two women crying about their infertility woes on national television, it brings a smile to my face seeing the picture above of Tyra Banks and these pictures right here:


 

Yep, they're pregnant! If that picture is not clear enough for you to tell, here is one from the 2016 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue fan festival on February 17:




Congratulations to both mamas and daddies! While the struggle was real, the blessings are endless!














If you liked this post, click on the share buttons. Don't forget to subscribe to stay in the loop. And, if you love books, check out my books in the right hand column >>>>>>>>


Thanks for stopping by!


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">