Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Officially Fall Here



Okay, it's officially fall here... And as much as I despise the idea of cold feet, toes, fingers, ears, nose, and cheeks, I guess I'd better get used to it. The next best thing, in my mind, to the pretty colors that we get to enjoy here in the fall, are the blooming blossoms of the spring...
http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=

Unfortunately, as all my friends keep reminding me, I have about 6 (or more) months before I can look forward to that again. Gee, thanks for reminding me...

I can't deny that fall is a beautiful time of year, though, up here in this part of the country. People travel every year to watch how the northeastern trees sprinkle the mountains and countryside with their warm array of colors (I guess that's to deceive us about winter coming). 

"Leaf Watching"

They even give it its own name...Leaf Watching...like it's an event or sport. (LOL)

So, in an effort to spread the concept of Leaf Watching to all of you, I thought I would share these amazing pics that I found. 
moplants.com


flickr.com



stores.homestead.com
praisephotography.com


This one wouldn't cooperate with me on the page alignment, and to be quite honest with you, I didn't want to fiddle with it...but I really liked it, so...

freepicturesfreepictures.com
free-extras.com
You see what I mean by "warm colors"? Wow.

Well, Hello, Fall...I hope you're here to stay for a while...

3 comments:

  1. OMG! The pictures are breathtaking.... Hard to choose but I especially likes the flickr.com pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful. I wish that happened in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah:

    I wish I WAS in Texas. I sent 3 of my kids down there this summer to visit family in Houston. They had a blast! :) I'm not looking forward to cold winters...it will be my first "real" one in three years (we moved up from the south in May 2010). So, I'll be miserably cold this winter.

    Thanks for the comment!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">