Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Labor & Delivery: What I Packed In My Hospital Bag

I didn't have a whole lot of time to pack my hospital bag! Normally, I wait until I am in labor to start packing my hospital bag, however a routine ultrasound turned into a "we need to delivery this baby" and a rush-home-to-pack and then turn around and get back to the hospital - so I didn't have too much time to think, either. (you can read about the birth story here). But, I knew ahead of time the necessities that I wanted to pack.

So, what did I pack in my hospital bag???

Well, let's start off with the fact that I planned to pack my dearjohnnies designer hospital gown...but it had not come in the mail yet. :(

I was able to pack:

  • Neiman Marcus silk pajamas that my mother-in-law sent me
  • my laptop
  • my digital camera (I forgot the card reader, however my husband remembered to bring it later on)
  • socks (you can certainly wear the hospital-issued sockies, but I like to bring my own)
  • a change of clothes (comfy and elastic waste) to go home in
  • a set of clothes to bring the baby home in (I brought two sets, just in case)
  • my L'uvalla balancing cream (you will want to feel pretty after delivery!)
  • my make-up bag
  • toothbrush, toothpaste and hairbrush
  • my purse, of course, which included my photo ID and insurance cards
  • my Certain-Dri antiperspirant
And, that is all that I packed...short and sweet and simple...and it seemed to be enough! 

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">