Friday, September 16, 2011

Belli Review: Skin Care Solutions for Pregnant Women



When women first find out they are pregnant, many immediately start thinking about all of the foods, drinks and products that they have been using since they became pregnant. "Oh, my goodness, what have I done?"


There is no doubt that many acne face wash solutions on the market are full of ingredients that we can only guess are not necessarily healthy...and who wants that when they're already worried about possible affects on an unborn fetus? How safe are salicylic acid, glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide for the skin of pregnant women?

Unfortunately, along with pregnancy comes hormonal increases and along with those hormones may come acne. And, Belli knows this! That's why they came up with their Acne Cleansing Facial Wash.


I love Belli's acne facial wash for several reasons:

Smell

First of all, the smell is not medicinal, like many other acne washes - there is a soft, natural fragrance to it, which hints at green tea and cucumber (two of the ingredients). That's one of the first things that I look for in a face wash - how does it smell? Both are also anti-oxidants, which fight off the free radicals in the air. It also has a hint of lemon, which I will talk about later...

Exfoliates

Secondly, it is smooth on the face (as opposed to the regular exfoliating face washes that can be scratchy, but it works to exfoliate the skin. The lactic acid, which is pregnancy-safe, is the ingredient that works to exfoliate and cleanse acne-prone skin.

Anti-Bacterial and Brightens the Skin

How do you get rid of acne? You need an anti-bacterial agent. In Belli's Acne Cleansing Facial Wash, lemon peel oil is the trick for the anti-bacterial aspect and it also brightens the skin, which I absolutely love! One wash and you will see the difference!

Intensive Treatment Mask

In addition to all of these great, natural qualities that Belli's Acne Cleansing Facial Wash is jam-packed with, it can also be left on the face for 5 minutes as a mask. And, it washes off easily with warm water, as opposed to the masks that cake on your face.

Long-Lasting

You don't have to use much of the face wash, as a little goes a long way! This 6.7 fl.oz. container has lasted me about 6 months now - and I still have about 1/2 of the tube left to go.

Opinion

If you haven't guessed it already, I LOVE Belli's Acne Cleansing Face Wash! I'll be using it even after the baby is born, which is only days away at this point in time!

A huge thank you to Belli for allowing me to try their face wash!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">