Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Ultimate, Yet Practical Baby Shower Gift: Diapercakes!

I can't imagine a more practical, yet whimsical and delightful gift for the expecting mom! If you are looking for new baby gifts, you'll want to be the person who brings one of these adorable diaper cakes.

The birth story of my seventh child is one that I have already told over and over again...and I'm sure that it will be told many more times in the future...

I was expecting two more weeks to prepare before the little guy was born, but as we all know, things in life don't always go as they are planned. Especially when it comes to babies and due dates! What are the chances that you will deliver your baby on the due date? Very miniscule.

I was working avidly on the Mommy Rantings Baby Shower campaign and was excited to get the chance to work with Diapercakewalk.com! It just so happens that the diaper cake made it to my house JUST.IN.TIME for the surprise arrival of our newest addition. I was induced on Friday, delivered Chase on Saturday and when my husband brought the other children to come visit me at the hospital on Sunday, in he walked with the diaper cake pictured above. It was a wonderful surprise.

The nurses at the hospital ooooh'd and aaaah'd at the diaper cake and when my husband was asked if he bought it for me, he sheepishly admitted that I review products for companies...and, no, he didn't buy it for me. But, the fact that he thought enough to bring it to the hospital was sweet, right? Well, I thought it was! "It's the thought that counts..."

Why Should You Buy a Diaper Cake?

I'm all about "practical"...and diapers are probably one of the most practical items that you can get for a new mom. In addition to the 70-75 size 1 diapers that are magically tiered, the diaper cake that I received had a pacifier, three baby wash cloths, small bottles of Johnson's baby bath wash, baby powder, baby lotion, baby shampoo, a small sample packet of Desitin diaper rash cream - I needed that on day one! - and a cute stuffed animal Gum Drop Puppy that rattles. This diaper cake can be purchased for $89 at Diapercakewalk.com. Choose from any of the unique and adorable baby boy diaper cakes. They also have a great selection of baby girl diaper cakes. And, if the person that you're buying the diaper cake for is one of the few who elects to keep the gender of the baby a secret, they also have gender-neutral diaper cakes, too!

I also know how excited I felt to receive the diaper cake in the hospital - and how much of a stir that it caused with the hospital staff. Now, that's something that makes a new mom feel special. :)


Make Your Own Diaper Cake

If you're looking to make your own diaper cake, here's how to make a diaper cake the EASY way!


Thank you to Diapercakewalk.com for making my delivery day special with a diaper cake! I received a diaper cake for the purpose of this review. As usual, all products that I review represent my own opinions.
alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">