Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Easy Recipes & Cooking Ideas!

If you're anything like me, you are constantly looking for different types of food recipes to add to your collection. And, if you have a big family like mine, you are searching for easy recipes that are simple to whip up when the house is crazy and it's coming up on dinnertime! There are six kids asking, "Mom, what's for dinner, when will it be ready?" (Because the little one can't talk yet) and there's not much time to plan it all out! Then, there's dessert...


So, it was really cool to come across MyDish! I mean, the pictures on the site make your mouth water...like the Scrummy Banoffee Pie recipe:



If that doesn't make you want to run to the kitchen and start baking, I don't know what will!
 

Slow-Cooker Recipes for Quick and Easy Dinners

Then, one of my favorite things to do! I love using my slow-cooker, because all you really need to do is add all of the ingredients and the slow-cooker does the rest. And, I don't think I've EVER made anything in the slow cooker that didn't come out just perfect. Like this chicken casserole in slow cooker recipe. And, the recipe can be modified to your liking. For example, if your family simply doesn't like celery, just drop the celery and add some broccoli!

That's the other cool thing about cooking in the slow cooker - you can add whatever tempts your palate and take out ingredients that aren't so yummy. One last thing that I loved about the Chicken Casserole recipe: the fact that it was the perfect amount for my family of nine...

Yes, you read that right. It's the perfect recipe for our family of nine, because only 8 of us are eating food right now...the baby is not yet able to enjoy the delicacies that My Dish offers. And, the two other little ones eat about 1/3 to 1/2 a portion, so this recipe was perfect for us!

Beef & Red Wine

Speaking of slow cooker recipes, I'll share a quick one of my own with you. I know that I found it somewhere and then tailored it to our liking, but it goes a little something like this:

Beef, cut up in small pieces. Add whatever veggies you like - carrots, broccoli, celery, you name it. The kicker is the red wine and Worcestershire sauce.  Now, I just pour it in, no measurements. Of course, you use wayyyyy less of the Worcestershire sauce than the red wine. I made this recipe for a small party that I had at my house and everyone LOVED it!

Breakfast Yummies

I did a quick search with the keyword "breakfast". Oh, my! You see, breakfast is my favorite dish of the day...not because I like to eat in the morning...I could eat a breakfast dish anytime of the day! What I love is the fruits and pancakes and scones and...the list goes on and on. If this pancakes with orange and cinnamon sauce doesn't make your mouth water, you know, I just don't know what will!



Search for Recipes

Anyways...they have a simple search engine that you can use to find recipes by keyword, course, cuisine, occasion, and they even let you search by certain food requirement specifications, including dairy free, diabetic or gluten free, just in case you have someone in your family (or on your dinner guest list) who has a restricted diet.

You can even join the community and share recipes of your own! For foodies - or simply work-at-home moms like me who need to add a little spice to the dinner (or dessert, or breakfast) lineup, I would definitely recommend taking a trip to My Dish to see what's cookin' (or should be cookin').

And, if you try out any of their recipes, do me a favor and come back to Mommy Rantings and leave me a comment to let me know how it comes out! Happy eating!


alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">