Thursday, November 17, 2011

Writing Books for Fun, Fame and Fortune! (The Review)

Out of the blue one day, I received a phone call. The caller asked, "Is this the QueenMom?"

I was a bit taken aback at the moment, as, yes, I am the QueenMom, however that is a name that I hear in emails and essentially on the Internet, but on the phone, I have rarely been referred to as "QueenMom". He immediately peaked my curiosity. As the conversation moved on, I really started digging what the guy on the other end of the line was telling me...

It happened to be Rik Feeney who called me. Rik Feeney, the author of Gymnastics: A Guide For Parents and Athletes and Back Handsprings: The Secret Techniques, to name a couple of his publications.

We talked about a whole slew of topics...and it led to his book, Writing Books for Fun, Fame and Fortune! Of course, as a freelance writer and blogger, this book intrigued me. Aren't we all trying to find a way to make more money?

Get a sneak peak at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Books-Fun-Fame-Fortune/dp/1935683152


I found not only our phone conversation enlightening, but also the book. As a matter of fact, it inspired me to start two e-books that I hope will come to fruition in the near future.

On the back of the book, the questions are posed: "What expertise do you have in business? What are your hobbies? What unique life experiences have you had that others can learn from? What are you passionate about in life? 

If you have knowledge that could relieve someone else's pain, provide a solution for a problem, or show someone else how to get ahead, then you are ready to write a book."

On the phone, we discussed how the idea behind a simple blog post could turn into a book. Every thought, every idea could be expanded upon and lead into a complete, instructional, informative book! Ever thought of that? And, now with ebooks, Amazon and the Kindle, there are ample ways to get your book out there to sell, too.

Mr. Feeney has packed this 142 page quick-read chock-full of tips and advice for anyone who is interested in writing their own book, from the initial thought to the publishing aspect, in an easy to read format that's actually quite enjoyable.His quick and witty way of writing makes it enjoyable and enlightening all the way through!

By the time our phone conversation had ended...and, let me tell you, we talked for a while and it was a sheer pleasure!...Rik had given me several ideas to think about...and actually had me thinking that I could accomplish what I never thought was possible. Oh, yes, I know that I can write a book. I have the ideas in my mind and the information to share, but I just didn't think that I could bring it to fruition.

Do I have the gumption to complete a book? Well, I guess we'll see! And, when it's finished...hopefully, you'll buy it! With Rik's step-by-step guide to writing a book, basically anyone can do it.

You can purchase Rik's book at Amazon for $14.95. The Kindle edition is $9.99.


I was provided a review copy of the book. No compensation was received - all opinions are mine.
alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">