Sunday, November 13, 2011

Miracle Blanket Review: Does It Really Create Miracles?

You know I had to try out this "miracle" the moment I saw it. First of all, for those who are mothers already, swaddling is just not as easy as those nurses in the hospital make it look, is it?

You get home with this new little person and look at the blanket like, "Now, how did they do that wrap-around thing again?" I was saying that again with my seventh child, because, somehow, I just hadn't mastered it by my sixth child. Hmmmm...what next?

So, you look around to find the perfect product that promises to help you swaddle the baby...

And then you hear about the Miracle Blanket....

And just the fact that they used the word miracle peaks your interest. But, they go beyond that with their promises.

Here's what they promise (by the way, this is a GREAT video!):






Here's My Opinion:

I received the Miracle Blanket shortly after Chase was born at a mere 4 pounds, 15 ounces due to the early extraction. At that size, he LOVED to be swaddled. As a matter of fact, the tighter I wrapped him, the better he slept...

Here's what happened the first night I swaddled him in the Miracle Blanket: HE SNORED! The littlest guy that I've ever seen in my entire life SNORED like a grown man swaddled up all nice and tight! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! So, what does that tell you? LOL

Yes, he's loved his Miracle Blanket...but there is one thing that I will point out about it that is a con...because you know that I tell my honest opinion, all the time, every time. The only thing that I did not like about the Miracle Blanket is that it doesn't always stay wrapped up tight, especially when it's wrapped around a wiggly newborn. Sooner, or later, if they wiggle in their sleep a lot, they will wiggle the top part off...or have it up around the neck. Yes, I have a wiggly worm sleeper, and yes, many a-times, he had wiggled it all up around his neck.

You would think that these little tiny people wouldn't want their arms strapped down to their sides, but the first time I wrapped him up, directly after I moved his arms to his sides and gently wrapped him tight, he just looked at me. No crying, just quiet.


Miracle Blanket states (besides the fact that they guarantee their blankets stop colic): 


• Helps Fussy Babies Sleep Great!
• Helps Ease Fussiness For ANY Baby!
• Aids In Preventing Facial Scratches!
• 100% High Quality Cotton
• Helps Babies Sleep Better On Their Backs!
• Helps Stop Twitches That Wake Your Baby!
• Makes Breast Feeding Easier!
• One Size Fits All Up to Four Months
I'm going to have to kick my two cents in here and say that they have created a miracle. Despite the only "con" that I could come up with about the blanket, it really does work! I'm adding it to Must Have Gift List for Your Baby Shower Registry!

I noticed something on the Miracle Blanket's website that really bothered me...By the way, those of you imitators who are trying to reconstruct the Miracle Blanket...please, do not put your child - or anyone else's precious new little one - in harm's way to create an ineffective - or potentially harmful - blanket just to save some money. They have spent years working on the pattern for this blanket...just go buy it. It's not worth a child's life - or any potential consequences - to try to make your own. Thanks!

I was provided a sample for this review. All opinions are completely mine and not swayed by compensation.

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">