Friday, October 1, 2010

Abra Bowdabra: A Big Surprise!

I got this box in the mail the other day. Life's been crazy as usual, so I'm a little late on this post...but the moment was awesome!

I was expecting a surprise in the mail...Veronica, too...and although we knew what was going to be inside; there were new crafty items to play with and we were tickled to get the box! Inside the plain brown package that was delivered to the door was a Bowdabra, a Mini Bowdabra, a CD e-book, a few bundles of craft wire and a hair bow tool. You should have heard her squeal...yes, squeal.

www.bowdabra.com
You may be wondering, "What in the world is a Bowdabra?"...if you're one of the people thinking this, you gotta go here. It's the new and exciting word in our household. Bowdabra, Bowdabra, Bowdabra...it rolls off our tongues. What can I say? We love to say it.

I made a promise to Veronica that she and I would go get some Halloween ribbon to make Bowdabra hair bows for all of her friends. She's almost peeing her pants she's so excited. (And the boys are a bit jealous, but we'll probably let them participate in the Bowdabra fun, too! Can you imagine?)

Halloween Hair Bows

So, we're going to whip up some holiday festive orange, black and white hair bows...and look forward to checking out the cool new holiday spools of ribbon not only this weekend, but for every holiday, birthday, etc.

Birthday Hair Bows

Look, if your daughter is invited to a girl's birthday party, save yourself the stress of buying the birthday girl a gift and give her a unique home-made (but store-bought looking) hair bow that nobody else will have. Better yet, get her her very own Bowdabra set!

I'm so excited to make some hair bows with Veronica, but I'm more ecstatic that just three spools of ribbon and some fun time crafting with the kids will result in a bunch of hip and distinctive hair bows that Veronica's friends at school are going to go nuts for! I'll keep you posted.

If you like my blog, please support it by Following here and "Liking" on Facebook. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit I've never heard of a Bowdabra! It does sound interesting to give a little girl. I'm going to have to investigate more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely look into it! Kids love to make crafts...and making crafts like these hair bows for girls to wear is awesome! They have fun making them and then they get to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a Bowdabra either! Looks like fun - my almost 4 year old would love it if I made her more hair "tookies" (her word). Thanks for the follow at www.jessfinds.com. I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">