Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bowdabra Update

My daughter stood me up.

www.pinksuitcases.co.uk


Last Friday afternoon, right after school, Veronica came home and asked if she could go play at one of her friend's houses. I took my immediate cop-out, "Ask your Dad when he gets home." (I do that all the time when I really don't want to deal with something.)

Would you believe that, not more than 15 minutes later, the phone rings. Here's some weird irony for you: it was the mom of the girl whom Veronica wanted to go over and play with. She wanted to know if Veronica could come over for the night.

Ummm...was I missing something? I must have been out of the loop. (Which is never out of the norm, considering I can't seem to keep up with who's going where.) I asked her if they had planned something that I didn't know about, because Veronica had asked AS SOON AS she returned home from school if she could go over there.

They hadn't. Completely unplanned. Weird weird.

Well, how could I say NO? So, I told Veronica to pack up an overnight bag and get ready to go. The mom would be over in about a half hour to pick her up...

Rewind for a moment...

Remember, we had planned to make some hair bows last weekend? I was really looking forward to it. Really.

Fast forward...

Do you know that my daughter did not come back home until 8pm Sunday night? Of course, the mother and I were in contact all weekend long, however the two girls became inseparable and the sleep over snowballed into a weekend get away for Veronica.

exclusives.lc.com
But, that meant no Bowdabra fun for us girls (and possibly even the boys). I reminded her about our plans when she got home. "I thought we were going to make hair bows this weekend?"

"Why didn't you remind me?" she asked me. Like I had time to remind her before she left for the entire weekend? Like I was going to call her up and say, "Hey, remember our hair bow date?" LOL


So, needless to say, our "Bowdabra date" is pushed off until this coming weekend...unless she decides to escape the craziness again. Honestly, I don't blame her. In a house full of boys, I'm sure it's nice once in a while to pack up the bags and flee from the Bustling Boydom in the house. Maybe next time, I'll figure out a way to sneak myself into her bag and take off on a weekend getaway, too! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day! I can't wait to see what fun hair bows you make with Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler. Once the post is up I will let me readers know so that they too can check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last line about packing yourself up and getting away, 5 boys and 1 girl you deserve more than a weekend, heck you've earned it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">