Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One Holiday Down...Time for Giving Thanks Now

Congratulations! We have one holiday down and - how many left? - to go. We ended up doing the last minute do-it-yourself costumes, after all. Thank goodness for creative imaginations!

Next, we need to start thinking about how thankful we should be. I have so many reasons to be thankful this year, beginning with the blessing of a healthy and loving family. I don't wait until Thanksgiving to count all of my blessings - I am thankful everyday.

larearose.blogspot.com


Except last Friday, that is. I was at my wit's end with the world and life in general and turned to God with every bit of my being. I think we all have those days when we feel like our back is against the wall and we're not getting all of the answers that we want. Friday was that day for me.

It didn't happen all of a sudden - it was one messy thing after another after another. Friday wasn't the first time that I turned to God in desperation. I talk to Him on a daily basis, good or bad. I'm not a fair-weather friend to Him. But, Friday was the "snapping" point. I was distraught and completely disgusted...and then it came. A phone call that changed everything! It may seem impossible, but all it took was that one phone call and I was able to find some relief. And, I turned to God and thanked him.

icuraconservative.com


We need to learn to be thankful every day, even if it's just for very small things. The more thankful we are, the more blessed we will feel - and, perhaps, the more blessings we will receive. For, if it seems like we're not thankful for what we DO have, no matter how little it may be, we most likely won't be thankful for more when we get it.

This holiday season, I hope you really take the time to think about the blessings that you currently have and share your thoughts about your blessings with your children. And, let me tell you, I understand how to be thankful that I can put food on the table every day for my children. I know how to be thankful that they are healthy and happy. I know how to be thankful to have a roof over our heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">