Saturday, January 8, 2011

Transferring to A Domain Name on Blogger

When I go through trial and error, I like to share my learning experiences with everyone so that they do not have to go through the same thing on their own...

So, www.mommyrantings.com is now up and going! That, I am excited about...however, it probably would have been up and running DAYS AGO if I had known that you need to go back into Blogger under Settings and Publishing and actually "activate" or "switch" to publishing under the new domain name. I was getting antsy and losing my patience, so I decided to go into the Blogger settings and start playing around to see if there was something...anything that I missed.  I entered the little bits of info that it requested on that page and...

Viola! The conception of your new domain name!


Spread the word! www.mommyrantings.com is now official, but you can still find Mommy Rantings if you go to the old blogger address, www.imnotnagging.blogspot.com, so don't worry if you happen to forget!

3 comments:

  1. When you change from Blogger to a domain name, does it change the way I follow you? Do I have to change anything? (Newbie, here!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! Nope, you don't have to do anything! I used Blogger for the transfer, so everything went very smoothly. If you type in the old address, it should bounce to the new one...and, so far, I haven't seen any issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I learn so much from you!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">