Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Desperate Housewife Syndrome?

I have recently been bummed about the change of the seasons on primetime television. Am I alone here in this? Since I have started staying home with the kids, I have found some "addictions" that just recently aired their final episode...what am I going to do now??? I mean, I had almost every night filled up with something dramatic and exciting to watch after the kids are in bed.

Okay, yes I am an ABC and Fox junkie. There is a sense of loss that I experience at the end of seasons, making it hard to find replacements to insert into my evening schedule. Here are the programs that I will miss this summer:
  • Desperate Housewives...I have watched this show since the first season and cannot miss an episode! I remember one night when the cable was down due to a storm during the Desperate Housewives time slot...and I was distraught! There's talk about another season...there'd better be! If there is a show that I am overly addicted to, it's definitely Desperate Housewives. I don't get "into" the other housewives reality shows, but this one...well, let's say when the season ends, I mope around aimlessly for weeks on Sunday evenings.
  •  Brothers and Sisters...Because it follows Desperate Housewives, I started watching it years ago...who can turn the channel?
  • American Idol...My husband and I have been watching AI since day one (and haven't missed a beat), and although we were completely let down with this season, I still love American Idol and the "Idols" that they have discovered.
  • Off the Map...okay, I'm confused about this one! All of a sudden it...well, dropped off the map! 
  • Castle...I'll admit that I wasn't really into this show at the beginning, but as the season went on (and I saw previews on commercials), I got sucked in.
  • Dancing With the Stars...I off-and-on watched this show, definitely enough to know the dancers. I can't say that I was as "into" it as the rest of the shows on this list, but I can say it filled up plenty of my evenings between the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons.

Thank goodness for The Bachelorette, Shark Tank, Body of Proof (with Dana Delaney...from Desperate Housewives, of course), Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition and So You Think You Can Dance, or I would seriously lose my mind right now! That just about covers every night...for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">