Saturday, June 18, 2011

ToonUp's A Better World Facebook Game Review

If you're one of those Facebook game addicts, I have another one to fit into your gaming schedule! I was recently asked to do a review on the Facebook game, A Better World, by ToonUps®. 


And, after banning myself from Facebook games for almost a year now, I went back to gaming to check it out. Here is the trailer to give you a quick peek:





You'll start out personalizing and dressing your character and customizing your house as you earn more gold to purchase items.

Ah! But, then you get to the best part: A Better World is just that! It's about doing good deeds and making positive choices that make the world a better place to live in. In the game, you get involved in the community, where you can head over to places like the Department of Do Good, Gratitude Grotto and Sanctuary of Hope, each of which has its own do-good purpose in the game. For example, at the Department of Do Good, you can spread the word about your good deeds and see what others having been doing to create a better world.





You will earn Do-Good Gold as a reward for the good deeds that you perform and buy things with it around the town. There also mini-games, one namely Thump A Thought, that you can play to earn some more gold to spend.

According to TuneUps, "A Better World’s original approach could usher in a new genre of 'do good gaming'. Research shows that being encouraged to think about things they are thankful for and doing activities that provide encouragement to others improves their mental, emotional and spiritual well being."

My opinion

At first, as with any other game that you start playing on Facebook, there is a getting-to-know your way around period and the general start-up and initial establishment in the "World", but after that, the game gets pretty interesting and there are plenty of different places to go to and explore. Performing good deeds, rather than running around, shooting people or cooking different recipes, is definitely a positive influence to have - especially if you are going to be "addicted" to Facebook games! And, if you have children on Facebook (I don't promote it, but I know there are plenty of kids under 18 on there!), this game is a much better influence than many of the others.


I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This is not totally about the post, it is the first chance I have had to say condrtas on the (almost here) new little one. I hope you are doing great. The blog is really great, but as for the post on facebook games, I get tired of all the invites. There never seems to be enough time to answer and take care of life, much less play the games. Jost my opinion, still a great post though. I really do hope that you are doing well, I hope you know what I mean when I say "Keep what I was asking for as a Baby Gift".

    Love Always no matter what,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">