Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pregnancy Countdown/Baby Boy Names



According to the pregnancy countdown widget to the right, I *only* have 99 days left until there are more sleepless nights, a crying newborn and lots more diapers to change on a daily basis! (Maybe, just maybe, I can have Kodi-Bear potty trained before then, but right now, it seems like it's not going to happen.)

On a happy note, my oh-so-thoughtful husband comes to me almost every day with new ideas for baby names. As this will be our sixth BOY (yes, we were blessed with only one girl), we ran out of our favorite boy names a few newborns ago. At least we already know the sex of the baby, confirmed by ultrasound (and there was no question about it), so we can toss around baby boy names for the next few months. Of course, we not only have to try to pick a perfect first name and middle name to match our last name, but we also have to make sure that it jives with the other names of our children.

So far, our boy's names are:

Lucas Randal
Nicholas Hunter
Wesley Morgan
Dylan Jacob
Dakoda Riley

As the day gets closer, I will publish another post with the baby names that we have come up with so far - and maybe you can help out with choosing the one. Right now, we're still searching the lists, forums and everywhere else on the 'net to find that perfect name. Because, it's not just about if the name sounds good for a baby, it's how that name will fit when they are a grown man, what the name symbolizes, how it falls in the line-up of our childrens' names, when I am reciting them to the doctor's office, school, etc (we don't need any tongue twisters) - and if it carries any family traditions along, it's even better.

While we ponder and search, I guess I'll keep you in the dark, wondering. I think by August, we'll have some great ideas and I will post them for suggestions...in the meantime, do you have any ideas for boy's names that are cool, unique and will flow with the others that we have chosen?

5 comments:

  1. I've always liked that name Frank. I gave up my all time favorite to a certain Christopher Ryan (cousin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny? My father-in-laws name was Frank. Christopher Ryan is cute, too. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! And it just hit me that I probably couldn't use that "cousin's" name...LOL, but we have tossed around Ryan as a middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god girl u have 99 days left... where has the time gone..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Jennifer! And, summer goes by so fast! Before I know it...he will be here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">