Thursday, June 9, 2011

Storyland Yoga DVD Review: We Loved It!

My children and I had the opportunity to review Playful Planet's Storyland Yoga DVD...and I can't say enough about it!

The moment we popped it in and started playing it, the children were intrigued. The ages of my children range from 2 to 11, so you can forget the age "limits" that are imposed on the DVD, and every single one of them started participating! There are cute story lines that are accompanied with movements that are easy for the children to do and colorful pictures and scenes throughout...the entire concept is wonderful!

Eco-Friendly Stories

"Condor Trek" and "Save the Whale" were the two stories on the DVD, and both are adventures that share an eco-friendly concept on a child's level. So, beyond sharing a calming yoga routine with your children for family time, you can also help them learn about nature and the environment in a fun and engaging way. The scenery and the music are peaceful and the entire experience is a breath of fresh air.

In lieu of (and due to the lack of) work-out mats, we just threw some blankets on the floor and the kids were more than happy with that! Then, Ahmed Fahmey (certified children's yoga instructor) and a group of children on the DVD led my children on the captivating adventure, accompanied with the soothing (and quite pretty) music, interesting story and body-stretching yoga moves.

The Kid's Opinions

Usually, I will ask the children for their opinions after we review something, but that discussion was unnecessary. As the old adage says, "Actions speak louder than words". I have either one thing or the other in my house: a houseful of children who are playing video and computer games or watching television or a houseful of raging monkeys who are running a mock and acting - and sounding - like...well, you guessed it: wild monkeys.

During the entire length of the DVD, the children were completely engaged, but they weren't jumping all over the place...they were doing exactly what the children were doing on the video screen: YOGA! Seriously, my group of six children (five of them being boys) were all enticed by this DVD!  My daughter, who is ten years old, very artistic in nature and loves anything that is like her dance classes, was in her glory.

Even the Two-Year-Old and Three-Year-Old...

The cutest part had to be when Kodi-Bear (our two-year-old) got right down on the floor and started slithering like a snake and mimicking all of the moves that the children were doing on the DVD (and on our own floor). He was a trooper and participated throughout the whole DVD, as well.

Three-year-old Dylan loved it, too! He was giggling and working hard to keep up with the rest of the kids, listening carefully to the story line while playing along.

My Opinion

As a mom (of six children), I can tell you that it is extremely difficult to find one solitary thing that will keep all of the children engaged at the same time - and keep them calm too. As a matter of fact, it is one of those "almost extinct" phenomena...but Playful Planet did it. They immediately caught the kids' attention, kept their attention and engaged them in a peaceful, calming routine that is so wonderful to take advantage of, especially on rainy/snowy days (or even when Mommy is not feeling well).

I find the DVD not only educational and engaging, but also so very "healthy" for families...Seriously, there should be a whole series of these on television for the children on a daily basis! Wouldn't I love that???The bottom line here? I loved it!

Buy It

If you want to buy the Storyland DVD for your own children, you can find it at Amazon for only $14.99.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, Playful Planet...and thank you for creating a DVD that gives us parents a breath of fresh air!

I received a copy of Storyland Yoga DVD from Playful Planet through the Tomoson.com website. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions in this post are mine (and, of course, my children's).

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">