Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vivoderm Skin Care Review

Vivoderm boasts that they will bring you the "best natural ingredients from around the world to create the best skin care line available. We have found answers to a wide variety of skin problems in combining nature and science."

I was sent an assortment of some cool samples (packaged in a beautiful, natural, reusable - ohmygosh, what is it made of? - bag - you can see it in the image above) stocked full of little containers as you see in the image. How fun was it to try them all out?

First, I want to mention that Vivoderm is a "Cruelty Free" lab, meaning that they do not do any animal testing in any part of the producing of their products. They are also an NPA member, meaning that they produce only natural products, which we all know are the best for our bodies. In addition, they have been recognized by the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for excellent business practices and use only recyclable packaging. Yay, Vivoderm! (for all of the above)

The first product I have to rave about is the Zinc Repairing Cream. I'm going to bring you back to the 80's here. I grew up on the coast of Maine, so beach bummin' was definitely a part of my youth. And, where there was a beach, there were people wearing white, pink, green and other odd colored zinc oxide sunscreens - remember that? Neon colors on the nose, cheeks and forehead or just a stripe down the nose was like a fashion statement on the beach back then.

Well, Vivoderm has done their research! Apparently, zinc has repairing properties, too! And, a little goes a long way. All you have to do is put the zinc repairing cream on your blemishes or rough spots on your face and it's an overnight fix, as Zinc Oxide is a "natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent"! It really works! It actually works better and faster than many of the other "repairing" creams on the market that I have used.It zaps zits overnight. Period. Overnight.

You can also use it as a natural sunscreen! I love products that can be utilized in many different ways!


The Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream is a very luscious cream that leaves your under-eye area moist and soft. I feel fortunate that I don't have wrinkles - yet - under my eyes, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Regardless of whether or not I have wrinkles yet, I have this *thing* about starting to use products before I see issues popping up...and I have tried several different eye creams. You will love Vivoderm's Anti-Wrinkle Cream because it is creamy, smells fab and leaves your skin supple and fresh looking around the eyes.

And, Vivoderm claims that it will prevent future wrinkles...love that! I can see how that can be true, as lack of moisture will create wrinkles and the anti-wrinkle cream definitely moisturizes the skin far beyond many of the products that I have used.



Now, I received a small sample container of the facial wash, but it was very much like a cream and it did not foam at all, like most face washes do. On the website, they call it a "cleansing milk", and that's exactly what it feels like. I almost thought they made a mistake and put one of the creams into the container! I was going to tell the PR rep that I'm working with that I thought there was a mistake! It's that creamy, for lack of a better word. It also leaves your skin moisturized and has a very light scent of chamomile and rosemary. Very refreshing!

Ahhhh! The Chamomile Body Butter is dreamy! The scent is romantic and soft. It's perfect for those trouble spots, like the elbows and knees. Again, with the Vivoderm products, a little goes a long way. I have a confession to make: I have an issue with sniffing my arm after I've applied the body butter. I'm sure that I look pretty funny doing it, but it smells so yummy!

As with all of the other products that Vivoderm makes, it's natural and rich with vitamins, herbs and Aloe Vera.






If you love the smell of cocoa butter, Vivoderm's Cocoa Butter Foot Cream will also soothe your senses. It will soften those hard spots on your feet (unless you're lucky enough to not have any - I sure do!). I'm glad that it's a foot cream, because I would be sniffing it all day like the Body Butter if it was anywhere where I could sniff it comfortably. I refrain from sniffing my feet, because...well, wouldn't that look just funny?

Vivoderm also mentions on their site that their foot cream can be used as a diabetic foot cream. That's a plus!





The Vivoderm Intense Moisturizer has that dreamy, creamy smell to it, too. The chamomile and rosemary, lavender and sweet almond ingredients make you literally close your eyes and go, "Mmmmmm". It's made for skin that is extremely dehydrated and feels similar to the consistency of the cocoa butter cream. I have tried a bunch of different face creams, and to be quite honest, many just don't smell like what you want on your face. This one is purrrfect. And, it contains natural antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.

Vivoderm claims that their intense moisturizer can deliver up to 12 hours of penetrating moisture. And, I can tell you after using this stuff that at the end of the day, your skin will still be moisturized and glow. For really dry skin, you can use it both day and night and for acne prone skin that normally breaks out with moisturizers, this one won't break you out!


Now, this picture to the left looks more like their moisturizer or creams than the Anti-Aging Facial Mask. Their anti-aging mask is more of a greenish, herbal color and is a powdery consistency. It smells very herbal and spicy. It's "100% herbal and natural", according to the website. You'll probably feel a tingly sensation and might experience a rosiness to your face, which is normal, due to its rejuvenating and regenerating properties. I'm going to step a little out here and say that this face mask is great for ANY type of skin, as the natural herbs in it work to increase circulation and regenerate the skin. In other words, it's a natural skin exfoliator. It will remove blackheads, purify your skin, reduce age and sun spots and minimize those large pores.

You're going to feel a difference the first time you try it, I promise. Now, the one thing about this mask is that it doesn't have that yummy, "Ahhhh!" smell that all of the rest of the products had. To me, the smell was a bit overwhelming (I'm just sayin' - I have to be honest, here), but the after effects is soooo totally worth enduring the aroma.

The only only only "con" that I can come up with about Vivoderm's products is that they're a little pricey for my wallet. With all of them, a little goes a long way, so I can see the regular sizes lasting a few months, if you are frugal like me. But, if you're one that tries to make a dollar out of 15 cents, Vivoderm's products probably won't fit into your budget. On the other hand, in comparison to some of the other name brands on the market, like Oil of Olay, you're getting NATURAL skin products and the prices vs. sizes are similar.

Now, they DO have the Skin Care Sample Kit, a perfect way to try out their products (which is what I believe I received), and it also makes for a great gift for someone. So, if you want to treat yourself or a friend and you can't figure out which product to try first, this is probably the way to go!

Thank you, Vivoderm, for the opportunity to try your products. They are awesome!



I received samples from Vivoderm to perform this review. No compensation was received. All opinions expressed in this blog post are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">