Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tea Tree Oil: Benefits Mothers Must Know!

I am just getting over an infection in my foot. Okay, I KNOW! TMI!

But, I HAD to share this information with you all...because I had no idea how well tea tree oil worked until I tried it myself! I was definitely at my wit's end...and two steps away from heading to the hospital, where I knew they would put me on antibiotics and send me home after 6 hours of waiting. That just doesn't jive with my schedule...so I started digging around the internet for items around the house that could heal an infected foot.

This started with a small abrasion on the top of my foot that, I think, progressed into the infection after too many enjoyable sittings in the jacuzzi tub. Tea tree oil popped up over and over again with the Internet searches...so, what did I have around the house with tea tree oil in it? Tea Tree Shampoo! Okay, I took a chance!I put the shampoo, without watering it down, directly on my ouchie. Lo and behold! This morning, it is drying up and the redness is disappearing quickly! Wow!

Now, I'm not advocating putting tea tree shampoo on ouchies, but I will say that it worked for me. And, I want to highlight some of the (possible) benefits of tea tree oil for those of you that haven't used it - or heard of all of the amazing things it can do!

First of all, it is NATURAL. Tea tree oil is supposed to cure three kinds of infections, including fungus, bacteria, and viruses. In addition, when antibiotics DON'T work, tea tree oil is said to work wonders.

Uses:

Acne, abscesses, insect bites, rashes, oily skin, athlete's foot, blisters, sun burns, warts, herpes, dandruff and other minor wounds and irritations. More: boils and carbuncles, bad breath, gums, and plaque, head lice, and yeast infections.

It is also said to treat sore throats, coughs, runny noses (just SMELL it - you'll figure out why quickly), asthma, tuberculosis, bronchitis. It is ALSO supposed to help fight diseases, such as shingles, the measles, the flu, cold sores, verrucae, and chicken pox.

In addition, it is known to strengthen the immune system.

Side Effects:

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you might want to avoid Tea Tree Oil. It can also cause irritation, redness, and itchiness. You can dilute Tea Tree Oil with Olive Oil to lessen the side effects.
    DO NOT DRINK IT!

    Where to Buy Tea Tree Oil

    Why, of course, you can hit the Internet sites. Also, if you're looking for the shampoo, health stores or Wal-Mart would be a good bet. Feel free to hit the contact me tab and I'll point you in the right direction.

    You might find the pricing to be a bit high, but think of all of the benefits that it brings...and it saved me a trip to the hospital! That's priceless!

    3 comments:

    1. Thanks for the info!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Tree tree oil is fabulous! I use it frequently for my daughter (who has SEVERE eczema) and gets staph infections because of it very regularly. It's great for the sores she makes, the dry flaky scalp, nail fungus ..... and....wait...this is a good one... put a drop or two in your saline in the nettie pot if you have a sinus infection and kiss it good bye.

      ReplyDelete
    3. You are welcome, Naya!

      Cshocktart: Thanks for sharing all the ideas! Poor daughter!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your feedback!

    alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">