Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Breaking News! I'm Now A Medela Mom Maven Ambassador

After breastfeeding six (count 'em) kids, I've finally decided to apply for the Medela Mom Maven program, and I just got news today that I am a Medela Mom Maven Ambassador...what does that mean? For you, that means that I will be sharing information about breastfeeding and - if you are about to be a new mom who is thinking about breastfeeding, you are welcome to contact me.

My children, as a whole, have been much healthier than other children, and although I have nothing else to directly associate it to, I will bet that the fact that I breastfed them had something to do with it. "Nature's milk" is what I have heard breast milk referred to...and that is what it is. It's the most natural form of milk in the world.

I will reluctantly say that there have definitely been a million times that I wished that I was not breastfeeding, as some of MY children happened to get "addicted" to it, breastfeeding until they are almost two years old, but the truth is: It is the best gift that I can give them to start out in life.

After years and years of studies, results have been released that prove that breastfeeding reduces the risk of:

  • Respiratory-tract infections
  • Ear infections
  • Asthma
  • Food allergy
  • Obesity
  • Lymphoma
  • Diabetes
  • Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
And, I will expand upon more in future posts. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to go to my contact page and...well, contact me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I am breastfeeding Sophie and it has been a good experience. I had a wonderful nurse help me get started in the hospital and am now going on 11 months!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

alt="YOUR TEXT HERE"rel="Facebook image"src="IMAGE URL HERE"style="display:none;">